Bethany is a Licensed Psychological Associate for the Somerset Area.
Bethany graduated from Eastern Kentucky University with a Bachelor of Science in psychology and child and family studies in 2005. She graduated from the School of Psychology at Eastern Kentucky University with a master’s degree in School Psychology in 2007.
Bethany began her career with Phoenix Preferred Care later that year. Bethany says that she works best with pre-teens, teens, and young adults and is most interested in working with clients who struggle with depression, anxiety, trauma, and behavioral challenges. She also likes helping clients with setting life goals and developing boundaries. Bethany has been actively involved with Phoenix Wellness via leading classes and coaching a Phoenix Racing Team. She has previously served as an Advisory Council member for the Family Resource and Youth Service Center boards at Eubank and Oakhill Elementary schools.
Outside of work, Bethany is a single mom of 4 and enjoys running, lifting weights, watching her kids play basketball, hanging out with friends and watching movies.
LICENSURE/ CERTIFICATIONS/ TRAINING
• Licensed Psychological Associate
• Certified AutPlay Therapy Provider
• Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy trained(TF-CBT)
• QPR-Question Persuade and Refer Suicide Prevention Training
• Cognitive Behavioral Intervention for Trauma in Schools (CBITS)
• Aggression Replacement Therapy trained